The SDHA Council may have up to 7 elected registered dental hygienists and 3 public representatives appointed by government, serving as the council.
The Council is extending a Call for Nominations. Up to two (2) Registered Dental Hygienists who are interested in serving on the SDHA Council for a three (3) year term (2022-2025). The election to Council will occur at the AGM on April 2nd, 2022.
If you are interested in contributing your time, talent and wisdom to the SDHA, the self-nomination process is easy:
- Submit the Nominations Form found on the SDHA website and
- A photograph (self-portrait) no later than Monday February 12, 2022 (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
The SDHA Council is seeking individuals who:
- Support the goals and core values of the organization
- Understand that council members, individually and collectively, are stewards for the organization
- Will discuss the values underlying the actions taken in the organization
- Value reasonable risk and innovation to further the organization
- Will delegate the operational detail to staff
- Embrace long-term thinking to see the big picture
- Will participate assertively in deliberation, while respecting the opinions of others
- Will uphold council policies and decisions
- Will engage in the orientation, training and ongoing study and application of the Policy Governance® model of governance.
Now is a great time to consider the difference your participation could make on the SDHA Council!