What We Offer
Government of Yukon has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and Top Employer for Canadians over 40. Along with generous leave benefits, Yukon Government offers:
- Competitive salary range and benefits (medical, dental, pension)
- Generous leave benefits (vacation, sick, special, etc.)
- Ongoing employee development with tuition subsidies as well as recently launched online learning platform called YGLearn, which features a variety of mobile-friendly course offerings
- Competitive travel per diems for assigned work travel. Per Diems can typically range anywhere between $5,000 to $10,000 per year for this Dental Hygienist position; depending on the amount travelled.
- We are committed to diversity and inclusivity, and strive to create a supportive environment for all our employees
- As an eligible government employee, you and your family will have access to immediate and confidential assistance at no cost through our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- For more information on the comprehensive list of benefits and perks explore our website, Yukon.ca
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based on the detailed information you provide in your resume; ensure you use a month/year to month/year format.
- Dental Hygiene Diploma or degree
- Current registration with a Canadian registered dental hygiene regulatory authority.
- Experience providing various dental services to children and youth
- Experience working in community health or a public health organization will be considered an asset.
- Training and experience with Silver Diamine Fluoride and Interim Stabilization Therapy will be considered an asset.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Understanding and adherence to the Dental Hygienists’ Code of Ethics & Code of Conduct
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively plan and manage a large, diverse workload
- Strong ability to build and maintain effective relationships through collaboration with colleagues and clients
- Strong ability and confidence to work autonomously
- Excellent approach in working with children and families
- Leadership skills that demonstrate aptitude in public health and program/service delivery
- Demonstrated high standards and adherence to infection prevention and control protocols.
For more information about the program and being a Dental Hygienist in Yukon, please contact Lorna Arsenault, Manager, Yukon Children’s Dental Program, at 867-336-2395 or Lorna.Arsenault@yukon.ca.
For information on the Yukon Government’s hiring process and this posting, please contact Jaime Strachan, Human Resources Consultant, at (867) 332-5768 or Jaime.Strachan@yukon.ca.