At Smile Dental, our hygienists are valued team members who play an integral role in patient care and treatment. Working closely with our dentists, they provide critical information and insight to guide patients with their treatment decisions. Many important components to patient treatment and care are those services that a Dental Hygienist is trained and licensed to perform.
Some of those performed by our hygienists include:
- Candidates must be enthusiastic about their dental work, and willing to provide the highest level of care at all times.
- Patient screening, medical history and dental charting.
- Application of fluoride and protective sealants. Removal of calculus, stain and plaque from above and below the gum line.
- Provides nutritional counseling, and self-care programs to prevent disease.
- In-Office Whitening *Must be able to \”set the stage\” for the DDS prior to the exam and be part of the treatment planning dialogue with the patient and dentist.
- Changing and replacing orthodontic hardware such as arch wires and lingual bonded retainers.
- Should be detail oriented and quality focused
- Should possess excellent time management skills
- Mentoring young students interested in a career in Dental Hygiene
- Should be willing to assist in all aspects of the office
- 3 Years experience as a Dental Hygienist preferred
- Experience with Orthodontics -Enthusiastic attitude towards working within a large team
- Currently licensed in Canada, USA, UK, or South Africa and in good standing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Computer Skills and knowledge of Dentrix a plus
- Local Anesthetic and/or Soft Tissue Diode Laser Certification a PLUS.
The Cayman Islands are presently COVID-Free making working conditions somewhat less stressful. Please send resume’s to email@example.com