Our growing office is in need of a full time dental hygienist to join our team. If you are a new grad ready to start your career or an experienced hygienist looking for new challenges in your career we are the place for you! We focus on patient overall care working with all dental professionals to provide outstanding care to our patients. Hours and wages to be discussed during interviews. Please email resumes attention Christine to email@example.com
Downtown Dental is looking for a hygienist to work part time or full time for the months of February, March and April. This position could easily transition into a permanent position for the right person.
- NO EVENINGS OR WEEKENDS
- Competitive wages
- Paid sick days
- Free parking
- Extended Health Benefits
- Free dental work for you and your family
- Continuing Education
- Uniform Allowance
- Very flexible with hours and time off
The National Dental Hygiene Certification Board exists so that Canadian Regulators, acting in the public interest, have testing mechanisms for assessing current dental hygiene competencies for a worthwhile investment of resources. The NDHCB is responsible for the development, administration, scoring and results reporting of the National Dental Hygiene Certification Exam. Based on successful completion of the Exam – a written examination to assess a candidate’s readiness for entry-to-practice per nationally established practice and education standards – the Board issues the National Dental Hygiene Certification Certificate. The Certificate enables the holder to obtain registration or licensure to practice dental hygiene in most Canadian provinces (the NDHCE is not currently required in Quebec), providing all other requirements imposed by the regulatory authorities are also met.
We are currently recruiting an examination manager who will manage the development and administration of the NDHCE, working with the NDHCE’s examination vendor(s). Reporting to the CEO, the examination manager will ensure that the NDHCE reflects the national entry-to-practice competency profile; and is reliable, valid and defensible. They will work with committees of experts and a psychometrician consultant to revise and maintain the Examination Blueprint, and manage the development of the Examination. Working with the NDHCB vendor, they will ensure a smooth delivery of the examination for candidates, from application to delivery of results.
- Responsible for the development and administration of the National Dental Hygiene Certification Examination including:
- Examination Blueprint revision
- Coordination of NDHCE Committees, including the Exam Committee and French Focus Group
- Working with item writers to ensure a healthy bank of items
- Overseeing the compilation and quality of examination forms
- Working with the Administrative Assistant on exam sitting administration, including supporting candidate applications, payments, transfers/withdrawals, and results
- Lead equivalency assessments for candidates applying from non-accredited institutions
- Other duties when required to provide administrative support to the NDHCB
The successful candidate will possess the education, experience, and knowledge listed below:
Education and Experience
- A diploma/degree in Dental Hygiene. Any additional education will be considered an asset.
- Registration as a Dental Hygienist in a Canadian jurisdiction.
- A minimum of ten years of relevant experience.
- Experience in education and evaluation of students.
- Knowledge of the dental hygiene practice, including national competency profile, regulation, standards of practice and resources.
- Knowledge of exam development and administration principles.
- Computer-savvy, with knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products.
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills.
- Relationship building and management.
- Excellent English reading, writing and verbal communication skills. French writing and verbal communication skills an asset.
- Ability to monitor and understand dental hygiene practice trends and developments.
- Proactive, positive, collaborative, nimble and flexible.
- Commitment to innovation and quality improvement.
- Maintain the confidence and security of examination items by abiding by the NDHCB Code of Ethics.
The NDHCB office is located in Ottawa, Ontario. While preference is for a candidate in the National Capital Region, applications will be accepted from candidates who reside anywhere in Canada. *While the position is being advertised as full-time, should a candidate wish to maintain a limited clinical practice, the NDHCB may be flexible in adjusting the position to a 0.8-0.9 FTE.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae with a cover letter to the CEO at NDHCB, 75B Colonnade Road, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 0A8 by Friday, December 4, 2020. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary expectations.
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
The National Dental Hygiene Certification Board adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. The NDHCB will provide accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Part-time/Full-time Registered Dental Hygienist to join our practice! We want to meet you if you are: passionate about the world of hygiene, compassionate with patients, an excellent communicator, skilled with patient education, a service provider with a great attitude and exhibit the qualities of a strong team player. We offer competitive wages and benefits. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com