The SDHA Mini Edge – December 2023
On Behalf of Statistics Canada:
Statistics Canada is conducting the first cycle of the new Canadian Oral Health Survey in partnership with Health Canada. By participating in this survey, respondents play an important role in creating a complete and comprehensive picture of the state of oral health in Canada.
The Canadian Oral Health Survey will gather information from 55,000 Canadians on their oral health, including their:
Additionally, the survey will provide information on Canadians’ knowledge of publicly funded oral health programs and access to dental care expenses and insurance coverage to better understand the state of oral health.
We know the data collected in this new survey will provide evidence to policy makers for developing the best possible programs for supporting the oral health of Canadians and monitor changes in Canadians’ oral health and access to dental care over time.
The SDHA Mini Edge – July 2023
The SDHA Edge – April 2023
The SDHA Council may have up to 7 elected registered dental hygienists and 3 public representatives appointed by the government, serving as the council.
The Council is extending a Call for Nominations. Up to three (3) Registered Dental Hygienists who are interested in serving on the SDHA Council for a three (3) year term (2023-2026). The election to Council will occur at the AGM on March 25th , 2023, from 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM.
If you are interested in contributing your time, talent and wisdom to the SDHA, the self-nomination process is easy:
- Submit the Nominations Form found on the SDHA website and
- A photograph (self-portrait) no later than Thursday, March 3, 2023 (email email@example.com)
The SDHA Council is seeking individuals who:
- Support the goals and core values of the organization
- Understand that council members, individually and collectively, are stewards for the organization
- Will discuss the values underlying the actions taken in the organization
- Value reasonable risk and innovation to further the organization
- Will delegate the operational detail to staff
- Embrace long-term thinking to see the big picture
- Will participate assertively in deliberation, while respecting the opinions of others
- Will uphold council policies and decisions
Now is a great time to consider the difference your participation could make on the SDHA Council!
The SDHA Edge – November 2022